MCLEAN, Va., Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mater Dei ( Santa Ana, Calif.) continues to hold down the No. 1 ranking for the second straight week in the USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 national editorial rankings for girls basketball for the week of Jan. 14, 2013.
The USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 is now in its 30 th year as the most prestigious high school ranking platform in the nation. Gatorade is the Official Fuel of the Super 25 rankings platform, which includes computer rankings of every major high school football, baseball, boys and girls basketball and boys and girls lacrosse team in the nation.
Mater Dei improved to 17-0 on the strength of two 40-point wins last week, beating Camarillo, 87-47, and Lutheran (Orange), 72-32, as Katie Samuelson scored a combined 50 points to lead the team.Mater Dei is once again followed at No. 2 by Duncanville (TX), which improved its record to 28-0 with a 56-32 win over DeSoto that also marked Duncanville's 56 th straight win dating back to last season. The only changes among the Top 10 teams in the Super 25 come at No. 9, where 12-0 Fairmont ( Kettering, Ohio) moved up one spot from last week, and at No. 10, where 14-2 Long Beach (Calif.) Poly also moved up one spot after two dominating wins over Compton and Jordan. Hopkins ( Minnetonka, Minn.), which had been ranked No. 9, slipped to No. 15 this week after losing to Centennial, marking its first defeat of the season. No. 24 Martin Luther King (9-0) of Detroit is the only new team to crack the Super 25 this week. Following is the complete listing of this week's USA TODAY High School Sports girls basketball rankings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV