CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, has been named by FORTUNE magazine as one of its 2013 “100 Best Companies to Work For.” This is the ninth consecutive year CarMax has been named to the list. CarMax ranks No. 74 for 2013.
The growing company is hiring for more than 900 positions across the country in all business areas including sales, purchasing, business office and service operations, and has plans to open between 10 and 15 stores each year for the next three fiscal years. Interested candidates can visit the CarMax careers page to apply and view videos from associates on why CarMax is a great place to work.
“We are dedicated to providing a workplace that our associates can be proud of as we expand our business and bring new jobs to communities,” said Tom Folliard, CarMax president and chief executive officer. “Whether you work at CarMax in Baton Rouge or in San Diego, CarMax offers a unique work environment with unwavering integrity, strong camaraderie and a family culture.”
CarMax opened nine stores this past fiscal year in new locations that included Ft. Myers, Fla., Des Moines, Iowa, and Denver, Colo.; the last store of the fiscal year is scheduled to open in Jacksonville, Fla. in February.CarMax starts with selecting the best cars that meet their high retail standards. Every used car the company retails is renewed with a rigorous 12-hour inspection and is protected by a 30-Day Limited Warranty and a 5-Day Money-Back Guarantee. Consumers can search vehicles from 30 top brands by fuel economy and features, read customer reviews, review reliability ratings by J.D. Power and Associates and obtain safety ratings by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, all on carmax.com. Related stories will appear in the new issue of FORTUNE available on newsstands January 21; the complete list is available today by downloading the FORTUNE iPad app.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV