More BlackBerry 10 Rumors Swirl Around RIM
For instance, CrackBerry.com says it has gotten its hands on a copy of the BlackBerry 10 sales training PowerPoint presentation geared toward Rogers employees in Canada.
There's a lot of what we already know - a totally redesigned operating system with a greatly improved, modern user experience, an HTML5 Web browser, the promised availability of hundreds of thousands of new apps and the famous BlackBerry email system. But there's also mention of things like a Qualcomm (QCOM) Snapdragon S4 processor, a 4.2-inch touchscreen and a nice, beefy rechargeable battery.
A German Web site claims to have video proof of one of the upcoming BlackBerry smartphones coming our way soon. They're calling the phone in the video the Z10 - which we think is what the new touchscreen model might be called. Even though the person doing the video demonstration is not speaking English, you get a very good idea what they're describing.And we now know that Visa (V) is on board when it comes to online payments. This morning RIM announced that its Secure Element Manager (SEM) smartphone payment system via NFC (Near Field Communication) has been approved by Visa. SEM is RIM's back-end solution for cellular carriers that can manage credentials on users' SIM cards in NFC-capable devices. We'll find out all we need to know soon enough. RIM will be unveiling its new products here in New York on Jan. 30. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV