- Nonfiction and Literature Booklists – Sortable lists of literature and nonfiction books for grades K-12, curated by librarians and reading experts, help teachers go beyond the "exemplar texts" in Appendix B of the Common Core standards and find great examples of complex texts arranged according to theme and genre – from nonfiction themes like animals or the solar system, to genres of literature like historical fiction, poetry and drama.
- Instructional Programs & PD – The site includes detailed information about instructional programs and materials offered by Scholastic which meet the Common Core, professional development for educators, and school improvement services to help districts implement the standards.
- Free Resources – Teachers and parents can find tips on how to craft effective evidence-based questions, watch videos of experts, download sample lesson plans for using "paired texts" or on teaching multiplication, and click on links to other free information.
- Frequently Asked Questions – The website provides answers to FAQs, including "Do we need to use the exemplar texts cited in the CCSS?" and "How do we evaluate the complexity of the texts we select?"
- Glossary of Common Core Terms – A printable CCSS Glossary defines 25 key terms to help you better understand the standards and join the conversation.
- Tips for Parents – A special section for parents provides tips and links to resources to help support the Common Core at home.
- Ways to Connect – The site gives advice for finding the Common Core conversations on Twitter and links to news and commentary from the On Our Minds @ Scholastic blog and to Scholastic social media channels where teachers and parents can connect, share ideas and talk with each other.
New Website From Scholastic Demystifies The Common Core State Standards For Educators And Parents
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.