NORTHBROOK, Ill., Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation (NYSE: KS) ("KapStone") will open a new corrugated manufacturing facility in Aurora, IL. The 192,000 square foot facility located 40 miles west of the city of Chicago will produce corrugated packaging and will also include a design lab and a technical center. KapStone expects to invest approximately $8 to $10 million in the first phase. The Aurora location will enhance KapStone's sales coverage in the Midwest, particularly in Chicago and surrounding areas.
Matt Kaplan, KapStone's President, stated, "We are excited to establish a corrugated manufacturing facility in the Chicago area, our home territory. We are very optimistic that KapStone will deliver a very high level of service and quality of corrugated products that will enable us to continue to grow our operations."
The site General Manager will be Katie Wilhelm who has an extensive career in the corrugated industry predominantly in the Chicago area.
The first phase will begin production at the new facility in March of this year.About the Company Headquartered in Northbrook, IL, KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation is a leading North American producer of unbleached kraft paper products, linerboard and shipping containers. The Company is the parent company of KapStone Kraft Paper Corporation which includes paper mills in Roanoke Rapids, NC, North Charleston, SC, and Cowpens, SC, fourteen additional converting locations in the East and Midwest, and a lumber mill in Summerville, SC. The business employs approximately 2,700 people. SOURCE KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV