WOODSTOCK, ON, Jan. 16, 2013 /CNW/ - The Board of Directors of Contrans Group Inc. ("Contrans") (TSX Symbol CSS) announced today that it has declared a dividend of $0.10 per outstanding Class A Subordinate Voting Share and Class B Multiple Voting Share, in respect of the fourth quarter of 2012, payable on February 15, 2013 to shareholders of record at the close of business on January 31, 2013.
Contrans also announced today its intention to increase its quarterly dividend for 2013 to $0.125 per share, a 25% increase. "The Company has delivered positive results in 2012 and has a healthy balance sheet that has us well positioned for growth," stated Stan G. Dunford, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Accordingly, the Board of Directors has determined that an increase in dividends is appropriate."
For Canadian resident shareholders the dividend declared above is designated as an "eligible dividend" for purposes of the enhanced dividend tax credit rules contained in the Income Tax Act ( Canada) and any corresponding provincial and territorial tax legislation.
Contrans has been providing freight transportation services since 1985. With approximately 1,400 power units and 2,600 trailers under management, Contrans is one of the largest freight transportation companies in Canada.SOURCE Contrans Group Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV