Wells Fargo Education Financial Services – a business group within Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group – has named financial services veteran John Rasmussen head of Education Financial Services, effective February 11, 2013.
John Rasmussen, head of Wells Fargo Education Financial Services (Photo: Business Wire)
Wells Fargo Education Financial Services, the nation’s #2 provider of private student loans, serves more than 1.9 million student and family customers in all 50 states, helping customers make smart borrowing decisions to finance education.
Rasmussen, a 20-year veteran of the banking industry, has held leadership roles with several of the nation’s top financial service providers including the last eight years with Wells Fargo. Most recently, Rasmussen led the Centralized Retail business for Wells Fargo Home Lending, which included all home lending customers who chose to do business via the telephone, rather than in a store location. The Centralized Retail business, combined with Wells Fargo’s Distributed Retail business which includes bank stores, together served more than 1 million customers during 2012. In his new role, Rasmussen will report to Tom Wolfe, head of Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Solutions, which offers an array of consumer finance products including student loans, credit cards, auto loans, personal loans and lines of credit.
“We know that financing higher education is one of the biggest decisions many families make when managing their personal finances. It’s important to our customers, which makes it important to us,” says Tom Wolfe, head of Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Solutions. “I am confident that John’s strategic business perspective and high level of integrity, combined with his focus on customers and decades of financial service experience will be great assets to our team as we continue to focus on helping make the dream of a college education a reality for our customers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV