Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) announces three new grades of PBX™ carbon performance additives that are designed to improve lifetime and performance for advanced lead-acid batteries used in applications such as telecom, electric forklift, e-bike and small micro-hybrid vehicles.
Advanced lead-acid battery applications are the fastest growing component of the $30 billion lead-acid battery market. Trends like the global build out of 3G/LTE mobility services into new emerging areas are driving demand for long lifetime batteries in the telecom industry. Furthermore, the increased use of micro-hybrid vehicles and e-bikes has exposed the performance limitations of traditional lead-acid batteries, such as requiring more cycles at a higher rate of charge and discharge than can be accomplished. With over 130 million e-bikes on the road in China alone and increased use of micro-hybrid vehicles, battery manufacturers have been forced to re-engineer advanced lead-acid batteries to provide improved lifetime and performance.
Cabot’s PBX performance additives are designed to enable lead-acid batteries to last longer under repeated cycling and to accept recharging energy faster at lower cost than the current solution of oversizing the battery. PBX additives prolong battery life by reducing the effects of sulfation on the negative plate, the primary cause of short lifetimes in lead-acid batteries used in demanding applications.
Cabot PBX additives provide designers with application-specific solutionsCabot now offers a full range of PBX additives that provides manufacturers with a variety of additives with unique properties to address the needs of different applications. These additives are suitable for long lifetime valve-regulated and flooded design advanced batteries, as well as for batteries used in applications requiring normal or improved charge acceptance.
- PBX09 performance additive is designed to balance high charge acceptance and improved cycle life in both valve-regulated and flooded type batteries. PBX09 is a multi-purpose additive suitable for most applications including telecom, electric forklift, e-bike and start-stop applications.
- PBX55 performance additive delivers improved cycle life for flooded batteries that require minimal charge acceptance such as small cars with start-stop functions and without regenerative breaking.
- PBX135 multipurpose performance additive combines improvement in cycle life and dynamic charge acceptance. The additive is designed primarily for flooded design batteries used in applications such as start-stop vehicles and electric forklifts where some fast charge improvement is required.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV