HERNDON, Va., Jan. 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) has named Ruth Bishop sector vice president of quality, safety and mission assurance (QSMA) for its Technical Services sector effective Jan. 26.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/noc/mediagallery.html?pkgid=16651
In her new position, Bishop will have overall responsibility for sectorwide mission assurance and Six Sigma functions to enhance quality and measure productivity while predicting future program performance for Technical Services."With more than 30 years of experience and success in enterprise-level QSMA, Ruth will be at the forefront of the sector's drive to enhance program efficiencies while continuing to raise the level of quality throughout the sector," said Chris Jones, corporate vice president and president of Northrop Grumman Technical Services. "Ruth is uniquely qualified for this position, and we are fortunate to have such an accomplished leader and mission assurance practitioner as part of the team." Bishop most recently served as the director of mission assurance for the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance and Targeting Systems division for Northrop Grumman's Electronic Systems sector. She joined Northrop Grumman in 1981 and has held positions of increasing responsibility since starting her career as a laboratory technician with the former Westinghouse Electric Corporation. She earned bachelor's degrees in electrical engineering from Johns Hopkins University and in biological sciences from the University of Delaware. Bishop has completed Six Sigma black belt certification and is a certified quality manager.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV