Digital technologies dominate CIO technology priorities for 2013. The top 10 global technology priorities revealed by the survey reflect a greater emphasis on externally oriented digital technologies, as opposed to traditional IT/operationally oriented systems (see Table 1).
Top 10 CIO Business and Technology Priorities in 2013
|Top 10 Business Priorities||Ranking||Top 10 Technology Priorities||Ranking|
|Increasing enterprise growth||1||Analytics and business intelligence||1|
|Delivering operational results||2||Mobile technologies||2|
|Reducing enterprise costs||3||Cloud computing (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS)||3|
|Attracting and retaining new customers||4||Collaboration technologies (workflow)||4|
|Improving IT applications and infrastructure||5||Legacy modernization||5|
|Creating new products and services (innovation)||6||IT management||6|
|Attracting and retaining the workforce||8||Virtualization||8|
|Implementing analytics and big data||9||Security||9|
|Expanding into new markets and geographies||10||ERP Applications||10|
SaaS = software as a service; IaaS = infrastructure as a service; PaaS = platform as a serviceSource: Gartner Executive Programs (January 2013)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV