Jan. 16, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Spectra Energy Corp (NYSE: SE) today announced its financial plan for 2013, which includes the following:
- Ongoing 2013 diluted earnings per share (EPS) target of $1.50.
- Annual dividend of $1.22, consistent with previously announced 10-cent increase.
- Investment of approximately $1.4 billion in expansion capital in 2013, consistent with Spectra Energy's long-term growth plan of $1.5 billion average annual growth capital expenditures (CapEx).
"Our plans for 2013 will enable us to continue to deliver solid shareholder value for the next several years, with expected EPS growth in the 6 percent range and dividend growth of at least
per year," said
, president and chief executive officer, Spectra Energy Corp. "Consistent with that expectation, we've set our 2013 earnings per share outlook at
"In both the near and longer term, we see significant opportunities in all our business units," he said. "Our business momentum is driven by
in growth projects through the end of the decade and advancing our MLP drop-down strategy by leveraging recent asset additions. The growth we have underway and on the horizon is substantial: about
within our U.S. Transmission segment; at least
at DCP Midstream; more than
at our Union Gas distribution business in
; and over
in crude oil and liquids pipelines, including our Express-Platte acquisition, which provides us with immediate scale and scope in the expanding crude oil transportation and storage space. We expect to close on this acquisition during the first half of 2013."
Key assumptions underlying Spectra Energy's 2013 financial plan include:
- An average natural gas liquids price of 80 cents per gallon; natural gas price of $3.75 per thousand cubic feet (Mcf); and crude averaging $90 per barrel.
- Break-even earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) at the Empress gas processing plant in Western Canada.
- Expansion CapEx of $1.4 billion.
- Maintenance CapEx of $790 million.
- A Canadian/U.S. dollar exchange rate at parity.
- Excludes Express-Platte Pipeline System earnings, pending acquisition closing.
- No SE equity issuance
The company will discuss its 2013 outlook in greater detail during an analyst breakfast meeting in
today. The session will be webcast, with the presentation scheduled to begin at
8:30 a.m. ET
. The webcast can be accessed via the Investors Section of Spectra Energy's website at
. Interested parties also have the option to call into the discussion by dialing 888-252-3715 in
the United States
or 706-634-8942 outside
the United States
. The conference ID is 81493832. An audio replay will be available following the event until
5 p.m. ET
April 16, 2013
, by dialing 855-859-2056 or 404-537-3406 with the above conference ID.
This release includes "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.