Iteris, Inc. (NYSE MKT: ITI), a leader in providing intelligent traffic management information solutions, was selected by the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) to upgrade and operate the State’s next generation 511 Traveler Information System.
A component of the award includes IterisPeMSTM (iPeMS), a unique, state-of-the-art system that authenticates and analyzes multiple sources of traffic data for performance measuring and management.
The three-year contract, valued at approximately $2.5 million, includes two one-year options for ongoing operation and maintenance. The award strengthens Iteris’ leadership position in 511 traveler information systems, with the company currently operating 18 systems nationwide and abroad. Work on the project is planned to begin immediately.
“This award by South Carolina reflects our strengthening record of delivering 511 systems on time and on budget, while providing the best resources and user experience to travelers on the road,” said Abbas Mohaddes, president and CEO of Iteris. “As we begin to upgrade the SCDOT 511 systems to our state-of-art technology, we will incorporate the synergies of our IterisPeMS TM performance measurement and management solution, which is expected to enhance certain aspects of the SCDOT 511 system.”Under the terms of the engagement, Iteris will lead a team of highly qualified partners experienced in the delivery of traveler information systems. This new system will be implemented in phases and will include the following new features and enhancements:
- Improved voice recognition software
- Robust performance measurement and management (via iPeMS)
- Easy-to-use systems navigation with additional functionality
- Email alerts that deliver personalized, real-time traffic information
- Mobile solutions applications for iPhone and Android platforms
- Improved 511 website with additional features
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts