Silicon Laboratories Inc. (NASDAQ: SLAB), a leader in high-performance, analog-intensive, mixed-signal ICs, will showcase an array of embedded mixed-signal products and development tools at Embedded World in Nuremburg, Germany, Feb. 26-28 at Booth 4A-211 and at IIC China in Shenzhen, Feb. 28-March 2 at Booth 2H11, Hall 2.
Embedded World and IIC China provide world-class venues to demonstrate silicon solutions and development tools that simplify the embedded design process. Silicon Labs’ latest embedded mixed-signal solutions on display at these trade shows will include a single-chip, CMOS-based relative humidity sensor, the industry’s most energy-efficient 32-bit microcontrollers (MCUs) coupled with “power-aware” tools, smart interfaces and development tools for digital audio applications, high-performance wireless ICs, next-generation oscillators for frequency control, robust digital isolators for power supplies and highly integrated AM/FM radio receivers.
Silicon Labs’ hands-on demonstrations at Embedded World and IIC China will include the following:
- Silicon Labs’ new Si7005 relative humidity sensor advances the state of the art for RH sensing by combining a mixed-signal IC manufactured on standard CMOS with a proven technique of measuring humidity using a polymer dielectric film. This demo highlights the Si7005 sensor’s advanced functionality with a demonstration board that features Silicon Labs’ 32-bit SiM3L1xx microcontroller (MCU) and an LCD that displays humidity and temperature readings. The Si7005 sensor is ideal for applications that monitor or control humidity ranging from HVAC control to asset tracking to industrial applications.
- The ultra-low-power SiM3L1xx 32-bit MCUs are the latest addition to Silicon Labs’ Precision32™ MCU family based on ARM® Cortex™-M3 processors. Discover how easy it is to optimize your SiM3L1xx application for the lowest system power using Silicon Labs’ low-power development boards and Precision32 power-aware tools including Power Estimator and Power Tips.
- Silicon Labs provides mixed-signal ICs and evaluation kits that simplify the process of adding digital audio to embedded designs. The CP2114 digital audio bridge chip eases USB audio accessory design by streamlining audio data transfer from USB to I2S without time-consuming code development. Silicon Labs’ Class D ToolStick evaluation kit shows how easy it is to add digital Class D audio capabilities to 32-bit embedded designs based on SiM3U1xx MCUs without the hassle and expense of including separate Class D amplifiers.
- Silicon Labs’ EZRadioPRO® transceivers and Ember® ZigBee® products provide ideal wireless solutions for demanding RF applications such as smart meters, security alarm systems and home automation devices. This demonstration highlights the simplicity and design flexibility of implementing robust wireless links using Silicon Labs’ Wireless Development Suite tools while showcasing the best-in-class range, low-power operation and sub-GHz performance of EZRadioPRO devices.
- Highlighting Silicon Labs’ state-of-the-art digital isolation solutions, this power supply demo shows how Silicon Labs’ Si87xx digital isolators provide a perfect pin configuration, package and footprint replacement for outmoded optocoupler products while offering superior noise immunity, more robust performance and greater reliability.
- In this groundbreaking timing solution demo, Silicon Labs introduces a unique single-chip oscillator family that will change the way developers implement frequency control in a wide range of industrial, embedded, consumer and communications applications.
- Silicon Labs’ Si48xx CMOS wheel-tuned AM/FM/SW receivers are the first wheel-tuned, multi-band radio ICs to enable a full radio solution from antenna input to audio output in a single chip. This broadcast audio demo highlights how the highly integrated Si48xx multi-band receivers provide unprecedented flexibility, greatly simplifying design and manufacturing for the wheel-tuned, digital-display radio market.
Silicon Labs experts will also present three Technical Application Courses at IIC China:
- “A Reliable Alternative to Crystal Oscillators Based on Single-Chip Silicon Integration,” Thursday, Feb. 28, 11:30 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Conference Room 3, Hall 2
- “Silicon Labs’ Enhanced AM/FM/SW Multi-Band Receiver Family Revolutionizes the Radio Market,” Thursday, Feb. 28, 3:00 p.m. - 3:50 p.m., Conference Room 3, Hall 2
- “Leveraging CMOS Technology to Provide a Cost-effective Environmental Sensing Solution,” Friday, March 1, 10:30 a.m. - 11:20 a.m., Conference Room 3, Hall 2
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts