Northern Trust Corporation Reports Fourth Quarter Net Income Of $167.7 Million, Earnings Per Common Share Of $0.69. Full Year Net Income Of $687.3 Million, Earnings Per Common Share Of $2.81.
As reflected in the table below, the risk-based capital ratios of Northern Trust and its principal subsidiary bank, The Northern Trust Company, remained strong at December 31, 2012, with all ratios exceeding the regulatory requirements for classification as a “well capitalized” institution established by U.S. banking regulators of 6%, 10%, and 5%, respectively.
|December 31, 2012||September 30, 2012||December 31, 2011|
|Tier 1||Total||Leverage||Tier 1||Total||Leverage||Tier 1||Total||Leverage|
|Northern Trust Corporation||12.8%||14.3%||8.2%||12.8%||14.3%||8.1%||12.5%||14.2%||7.3%|
|The Northern Trust Company||11.9%||13.7%||7.6%||11.8%||13.8%||7.5%||11.7%||13.8%||6.8%|
The following table provides the Corporation’s ratios of tier 1 capital and tier 1 common equity to risk-weighted assets, as well as a reconciliation of tier 1 capital calculated in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements and GAAP to tier 1 common equity.
|December 31,||September 30,||December 31,|
|($ In Millions)||2012||2012||2011|
|Tier 1 Capital||12.8||%||12.8||%||12.5||%|
|Tier 1 Common Equity||12.4||%||12.3||%||12.1||%|
|Tier 1 Capital||$||7,489.0||$||7,425.5||$||7,104.6|
|Less: Floating Rate Capital Securities||268.7||268.7||268.6|
|Tier 1 Common Equity||$||7,220.3||$||7,156.8||$||6,836.0|
Northern Trust is providing the tier 1 common equity ratio, a non-GAAP financial measure, in addition to its capital ratios prepared in accordance with regulatory requirements and GAAP as it is a measure that Northern Trust and investors use to assess capital adequacy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV