SapientNitro, part of Sapient (NASDAQ: SAPE), today announced its acquisition of 81-percent of iThink, a leading independent digital agency in Brazil, led by Marcelo Tripoli. Tripoli was cited as the most prominent digital professional by Brazil’s top advertisers in a 2011 Advisors Group Digital Scope survey.
The move into Brazil marks the expansion of SapientNitro into the Latin American market, strategically rounding out the agency’s global footprint to include all of the BRIC countries, and expanding its ability to help clients around the world advance in the age of the connected consumer.
Latin America is a strategic and rapidly evolving market for SapientNitro and its clients. Expansion into this region is in response to client demand for SapientNitro’s unique combination of brand, digital and commerce service offerings in the market, particularly as global marketers gear up for Brazil’s hosting of the 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Olympics.
Sao Paulo-based iThink, founded in 2002, was a digital pioneer and has since grown into one of the largest independent, digital agencies in the country. The agency’s work is noted for its innovative strategies and world-class creative for some of the world’s best-known brands. iThink’s team services a multi-national client base that includes Castrol, Johnson & Johnson, Kraft, Google, and Samsung.“As the changing consumer continues to disrupt the way companies and brands interact with their consumers, we see more and more clients looking for better ROI and more innovative experiences around brand, digital and commerce that can be leveraged globally,” said Alan J. Herrick, president and CEO of Sapient. “Our move into Latin America with the addition of iThink as one brand, one culture and one P&L, furthers our role as a new breed of agency unlike any other in both capability and global footprint.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV