- Goldman Sachs reports fourth-quarter profit of $5.60 a share, beating the consensus estimate of an adjusted $3.66 a share, according to data compiled by Bloomberg
- Excluding items, net income was $2.89 billion, beating an estimate of $1.78 billion.
- Net revenue came in at $9.24 billion, beating an estimate of $7.83 billion.
- Annual profits came in at $7.48 billion or $14.13 a share
- Full year return on equity was 10.7%, beating some estimates. Fourth quarter ROE was 16.5%.
- The bank bought back $1.53 billion in shares, beating an estimate of $1.2 billion in buybacks
- Compensation as a percentage of revenue fell to 37.9%, beating an estimate of roughly 40%
Goldman Blows Out Earnings On Trading, Banking Growth
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.