Asset Quality Remains Very Strong
The Bank’s credit quality remains strong. At December 31, 2012, nonperforming loans were only 14 basis points of total assets and the Bank had no other real estate owned.
During the fourth quarter of 2012, the Bank recorded an additional provision for loan losses of $17.2 million. This provision is related primarily to the growth in loans outstanding that have been originated since July 1, 2010. At December 31, 2012, the allowance related to these loans totaled $114.3 million, or 0.59%.
Net charge-offs were $315,000 for the fourth quarter of 2012 and $1.7 million (only 1 basis point of average loans) for the year ended December 31, 2012.Continued Capital Strength The Bank’s Tier 1 leverage ratio increased at December 31, 2012 to 9.32%, compared to 8.81% a year ago. The Bank issued $150 million of 5.625% Noncumulative Perpetual Series C Preferred Stock during the fourth quarter of 2012. During 2012, the Bank raised $500 million of noncumulative perpetual preferred stock with a weighted average rate of 6.23%. Strong Book Value Growth Book value per share was $22.08 at December 31, 2012, up 13.5% during 2012. Continued Franchise Development Assets Total assets at December 31, 2012 were $34.4 billion. During 2012, loans increased $5.4 billion, of which 57% was in single family loans and related home equity lines of credit. Investment securities increased $686.1 million in 2012. Deposit mix continues to improve At December 31, 2012, checking and savings accounts were 89% of total deposits, compared to 82% a year ago. The contractual rate paid on all deposits averaged 0.24% for the fourth quarter of 2012, compared to 0.29% for the prior quarter, with the reduction in the average rate paid coming both from an improved deposit mix and reduced rates paid.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV