KBR (NYSE: KBR) today announced that it has been awarded a contract to provide a License and Basic Engineering Design Package as part of the Ammonia Plant Revamp for capacity increase at reduced energy consumption by Nitrogenmuvek in the city of Petfurdo, Hungary.
KBR will increase ammonia capacity for a 1970s vintage-designed plant from originally 1000 tonnes per day (mtpd) to 1650 mtpd. As a leading supplier of ammonia process technologies, KBR has been involved in the licensing, design, engineering and/or construction of more than 200 ammonia plants worldwide, representing approximately half of current global ammonia production.
“Our goal in this revamp project is to enable Nitrogenmuvek to extract the maximum possible performance from their KBR-designed ammonia plants,” said John Derbyshire, President, KBR Technology. “This contract represents an opportunity for KBR to further expand its footprint in the rapidly increasing ammonia revamp business.”
KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV