Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IBKR) an automated global electronic broker and market maker, today reported diluted earnings per share on a comprehensive basis of $0.92 for the year ended December 31, 2012, compared to diluted earnings per share on a comprehensive basis of $1.31 for 2011.
Reported results on a comprehensive basis reflect the GAAP convention adopted in 2011 that requires the reporting of currency translation results contained in Other Comprehensive Income as part of reportable earnings.
On a non-comprehensive basis, which excludes the effect of changes in the U.S. dollar value of the Company’s non-U.S. subsidiaries, the Company reported diluted earnings per share on net income of $0.89 for the year ended December 31, 2012, compared to diluted earnings per share on net income of $1.37 for 2011.
Net revenues were $1,131 million and income before income taxes was $527 million for the year, compared to net revenues of $1,358 million and income before income taxes of $741 million for 2011.The Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.10 per share. This dividend is payable on March 14, 2013 to shareholders of record as of March 1, 2013. Business Highlights
- 47% pretax profit margin for 2012.
- 51% Electronic Brokerage pretax profit margin for 2012.
- 41% Market Making pretax profit margin for 2012.
- Customer equity grew 31% from 2011 to $32.9 billion and customer accounts increased 11%.
- Cleared DARTs decreased 6% from 2011 to 384,000.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts