The Most And Least Expensive 2013 Vehicles To Insure
In a remarkable upset this year, minivans are no longer the go-to vehicles for the best car insurance rates. In the past, minivans have dominated Insure.com's annual rankings of “the least expensive vehicles to insure,” but in the 2013 model year, crossovers and SUVs have taken control of the top 20, including models from Ford, Jeep, Kia and Hyundai.
Insure.com's car insurance comparison tool lets you search average auto insurance rates for more than 750 vehicles in the 2013 model year.
Minivans have been “Edged” out: The Ford Edge SE is the first crossover to snag the best position on our list. (See rankings and methodology below.)
“The SUV is the new minivan,” says Russ Rader, spokesperson for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, which performs crash tests on vehicles. “These are vehicles used largely by families. They're going to the mall, taking kids to school and driving to sports practices on the weekends. They're not getting into a lot of crashes.”Their lack of crashes and their low repair costs keep insurance rates down.
The 2013 vehicle with the lowest insurance rates: The Ford Edge SE
The 2013 vehicle with the highest insurance rates: The Mercedes-Benz CL600
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV