4 Stocks Under $10 Making Big Moves
Five Star Quality Care
Five Star Quality Care (FVE), which operates senior living communities, is trading up 4.6% to $5.74 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $5.47-$5.8052-Week Range: $2.98-$5.98 Volume: 268,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 313,193 From a technical perspective, FVE is ripping higher here right above some near-term support at $5.20 and right above its 50-day moving average at $5.02 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing shares of FVE within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit if FVE manages to take out its 52-week high at $5.98 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in FVE as long as it's trending its 50-day at $5.02, and then once it sustains a move or close above $5.98 with volume that hits near or above 313,193 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then FVE will set up to enter new 52-week high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that breakout are $6.15 to $7 in the near future. To see more stocks that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV