Golden Minerals (AUMN), a precious metals producer, is primarily engaged in the operation and further development of Velardea gold, silver and base metals mines in the State of Durango, Mexico, and silver exploration property in Salta, Argentina. This stock is trading up 4.5% to $4.82 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $4.66-$4.8752-Week Range: $3.24-$10.60 Volume: 202,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 332,777 From a technical perspective, AUMN is spiking higher here right above its 50-day moving average of $4.29 with lighter volume. This move is quickly pushing AUMN within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit if AUMN manages to take out its 200-day at $4.94 and then some more overhead resistance at $4.97 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in AUMN as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $4.29, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 332,777 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then AUMN will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels $5.50 to $6. Any high-volume move above those levels will then put $6.15 to $7.22 into range for shares of AUMN.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV