With almost three weeks in the month remaining, customers can take simple steps to reduce natural gas usage to potentially qualify for or increase their credit. Examples include:
- Lower the thermostat to 68 degrees during the daytime if it is safe to do so.
- Cut your shower time in half to reduce your water heating costs by a third.
- Set the water heater to 120 degrees or the "normal" setting.
- Wash clothes in cold water instead of hot.
- Open blinds and drapes on sunny days.
- Microwave small amounts of food instead of heating them up in the oven.
For additional tips, tools and resources for conserving gas, see www.pge.com/wintergassavings.
The Winter Gas Savings program was established in 2005 to help conserve natural gas following the supply squeeze caused by Hurricane Katrina. The program will come to a successful close this season.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California. For more information, visit www.pge.com/about/newsroom/ and www.pgecurrents.com.SOURCE Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts