LONDON, Ontario, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada has been awarded a USD$24 million contract to produce 13 Light Armored Vehicles (LAV-A2) for the U.S. Marine Corps. General Dynamics Land Systems, the Canadian company's parent corporation, is a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
The LAV-A2 is a mobile, survivable and lethal system for conducting a variety of functions, including security, reconnaissance, offensive and defensive operations as part of the Marine Air-Ground Task Force. The eight-wheeled vehicle operates on land and water. It is equipped with enhanced armor protection and an automatic fire-suppression system for crew protection, as well as a robust suspension for mobility.
Vehicle production will be performed at the General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada operations in London, Ontario, with the existing workforce. The first delivery is scheduled for June 2014 and the last delivery will be made in October 2014.
The Marine Corps has ordered 253 LAV-A2 vehicles since 2007. Over 800 units of an earlier version of the Light Armored Vehicle entered service with the Marine Corps in the 1980s and continue operational deployment today."General Dynamics Land Systems is proud of its heritage with the Marine Corps and is committed to serving the Corps with cost-effective mission-critical products and services," said Michael Bolon, senior vice president, Marine and Navy sector at General Dynamics Land Systems. The contract was awarded through the Canadian Commercial Corporation, a Crown Agency of the Canadian Government. For information about General Dynamics Land Systems, please visit www.gdls.com. SOURCE General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV