Symetra Life Insurance Company unveiled a new web-based retirement planning toolkit for financial advisors this week as part of an education campaign that tackles the question: “Does it pay to delay Social Security?”
“The timing of a client’s Social Security start date can have a significant impact on his or her retirement income planning. We developed planning tools and identified resources to help advisors assist their clients with this important decision,” said Rich LaVoice, Symetra executive vice president, Retirement Sales and Distribution.
In addition to a higher monthly benefit, delaying Social Security can provide:
- Tax advantages, by deferring or reducing taxation on those benefits.
- Spousal advantages, by potentially locking in a higher lifetime benefit for a surviving spouse.
- Inflation protection, which is built into the Social Security program and mitigates one of the biggest risks faced by retirees.
The education campaign features collateral pieces addressing these key points in addition to a dedicated, public-facing website, www.symetra.com/itpaystodelay. The site, which will be refreshed monthly through March, provides links to a variety of resources, presentations and strategy-supporting material from respected industry experts and organizations.January’s theme is “Does It Pay to Delay Social Security?” The site features a marketing flyer and presentation illustrating specific examples of how delaying Social Security benefits can create more income in the long term. February’s theme — “Have Your Retirement … and Income, Too” — will outline a strategy that gives clients the ability to replicate their Social Security income from ages 62–70 through a period-certain single premium immediate annuity (SPIA). “Ready. Set. Delay.” is the theme for March, during which Symetra will sponsor a webinar for advisors of selected partner firms entitled, “Savvy Social Security Planning for Boomers: What Advisors Need to Know to Maximize Clients’ Retirement Benefits” and presented by Social Security expert Elaine Floyd of Horsesmouth.com. For more information on Symetra’s retirement planning resources and products, contact the Symetra Sales Desk at 1-800-706-0700 or firstname.lastname@example.org. About Symetra Symetra Life Insurance Company is a subsidiary of Symetra Financial Corporation (NYSE: SYA), a diversified financial services company based in Bellevue, Wash. In business since 1957, Symetra provides employee benefits, annuities and life insurance through a national network of benefit consultants, financial institutions, and independent agents and advisers. For more information, visit www.symetra.com. AOXP-413 1/13
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV