Bahrain Tops Middle East In Economic Freedom, Twelfth Worldwide
MANAMA, Bahrain, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- According to the annual index of economic freedom published by the Heritage Foundation and the Wall Street Journal, Bahrain remains the Middle East North Africa (MENA) region's most economically free country.
The Kingdom of Bahrain also ranked 12th out of 177 economies worldwide and is the only MENA country in the top 20.
Hong Kong was ranked first on the list. Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Canada, Chile, Mauritius, Denmark, and the U.S. were on the top 10 list.
Bahrain had an economic freedom score of 75.5, which is well above the world average.According to the report, the kingdom's "transition to greater openness, diversification, and modernization is based on strong foundations of economic freedom." The Kingdom's ranking reflects Bahrain's competitive advantage as a point of entry in the $1 trillion common market of the Gulf Cooperation Council. SOURCE Kingdom of Bahrain
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV