Ex-Im Bank Announces Strong First Quarter Numbers
Bank approves more than $7.4 billion in financing, up 75% from last year
WASHINGTON, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) today announced that it approved $7.45 billion in authorizations in the first quarter of fiscal year 2013, which is up from $4.25 billion during the same period in 2012 – a 75% increase. These authorizations are supporting approximately 57,000 American jobs at no cost to our nation's taxpayers.
"These robust first quarter numbers show that we are on track to have another strong year at Ex-Im Bank," said Ex-Im Bank Chairman and President Fred P. Hochberg. "With more than $7 billion already authorized, the Bank remains committed to reaching out more to small and medium-sized business owners and helping create more jobs through exports. American workers are second to none, and we will continue to encourage our businesses to compete globally and increase their sales."First Quarter Fiscal Year 2013 Highlights
- The top industry sector was infrastructure with concentrations in manufacturing, aircraft, information and communications service providers, and power projects.
- The top destination markets were India, Germany, Russia, and Poland.
- Authorizations for working capital and credit insurance grew by 43% for minority and women-owned exporters, rising from $143.8 million in the first quarter of 2012 to $205.3 million in 2013.
- The amount authorized for small business increased by 49%, rising from $789 million in the first quarter of 2012 to $1.2 billion in 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV