NEW YORK, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Aeropostale, Inc. (NYSE: ARO), a mall-based specialty retailer of casual apparel for young women and men, and DoSomething.org, the largest U.S. organization for teens and social change, today announced the launch of their sixth annual "Teens for Jeans" campaign, which encourages teens to donate their denim. One in three homeless people in the U.S. is under the age of 18 and the number one item that young people request when they visit a homeless shelter is a pair of jeans.
Today through February 10 th everyone can participate by bringing gently worn jeans, any size and brand, to Aeropostale or P.S. from Aeropostale stores in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. All donations will be distributed to local youth community shelters. As a thank you, for each pair donated, Aeropostale will give an additional 25% off a new pair of jeans, though no purchase is necessary. To jump-start donations, Aeropostale is donating over 10,000 brand new pairs of jeans for the campaign.
"Aeropostale is committed to raising awareness about youth homelessness and we are excited to launch the sixth year of Teens for Jeans," says Scott Birnbaum, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Ecommerce at Aeropostale. "Last year we collected over 1 million pairs, enough to outfit approximately two thirds of all homeless teens. The campaign continues to build momentum and our sixth year is poised to be even bigger."
"In five years, DoSomething.org and Aeropostale have collected and donated over 2.5 million jeans," says Nancy Lublin, CEO and Chief Old Person at DoSomething.org. "We are proud to partner with such a great brand to drive a program that changes so many lives each year!"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV