BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Now that the fiscal cliff is behind us, are you ready to do it all again?
The debt ceiling debate is heating up in Washington, with our elected officials digging in for another protracted battle between Democrats and Republicans. Over on Wall Street, the bulls and bears have been battling as well -- and even if it doesn't fully feel like it just yet, the bulls distinctly have the upper hand right now.
Just last week, the S&P 500 pushed through to a new post 2007 high close, a big move for a market that most investors are still very anxious about. Even though the past few days have come with a correction, it's been more of a sideways move than a downward one. That bodes well for stocks to keep moving higher in 2013.And it's why we're taking a technical look at five breakout buys for January -- and one lone sell. >>5 Rocket Stocks Worth Buying This Week For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. So without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now. >>5 Stocks Setting Up to Break Out
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV