Henry Schein MicroMD ®, a provider of proven and cost-effective practice management (PM) and electronic medical records (EMR) systems, today unveiled enhancements of its MicroMD eSERVICES provider automation solutions line. Partnered with some of today’s “best in class” healthcare vendors, the new solutions will provide physician practices with functionality, such as patient communications, electronic patient payments, and HIPAA-compliant data backup and monitoring, all which are fully integrated with MicroMD PM and EMR software. Henry Schein, Inc. (NASDAQ: HSIC) is the world’s largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical and animal health practitioners.
MicroMD eSERVICES automation solutions include:
- dashboardMD: Extracts data directly from MicroMD PM to present real-time business intelligence dashboard tools, revenue cycle analytics and reporting for optimizing practice performance.
- Demandforce ® : Automates online marketing and patient communications with guaranteed results.
- MicroMD eBackUp: Minimizes risks associated with manual data backup via secure, automated, HIPAA-compliant online data backup and monitoring.
- MicroMD ePayments powered by Moneris Solutions: Integrates Moneris’s payments gateway and card scanning technology with MicroMD PM and eStatements so practices can offer patients the security and convenience of receiving and paying medical bills electronically.
- MicroMD eStatements: Outsourced print and online statements, as well as online patient statement presentment and credit card payment with auto-posting directly into the MicroMD PM software.
- MedBank ™ Websites: Enables healthcare providers to easily define and maintain a robust and customizable medical website for patients to learn about their practice and providers, and view clinical information related to treatment.
- PDR ® Network ( Physicians’ Desk Reference ® ) Digital Solutions: PDR delivers in-workflow medication support services including PDR ® BRIEF, a compact module containing quick reference drug-specific safety information and product support resources and RxEvent, a streamlined adverse drug event reporting tool accessible from within MicroMD EMR.
- Transworld Systems ® : Increases cash flow from slow-paying and non-paying patients and/or unresolved claims through a suite of a la carte services ranging from first-party follow-up to more intensive third party collections.
These enhancements join existing MicroMD eSERVICES capabilities which include:
- Preferred clearinghouse vendors: Gateway EDI, ECP, RealMed and Practice Insight
- MedicScan™ OCR insurance card and license scanning
- Topaz Systems™ eSignature capture technology
- MicroMD Patient Portal
- Dragon ® Medical Practice Edition speech recognition solution
“As practices face challenges with new reimbursements models, regulatory changes and meeting incentive requirements for improving healthcare delivery, physicians must look at every area of their practice to ensure office efficiency and to fortify their revenue cycle,” says Bruce Lieberthal, vice president of emerging technologies for Henry Schein MicroMD. “We are delighted to provide these new electronic solutions to advance and strengthen care coordination and profitability.”