Citing "signs of weaker-than-expected" iPhone 5 sales in its checks, Nomura cut its iPhone unit estimates for fiscal year 2013 by 5% to 157 million from 166 million. For fiscal 2014, the research firm slashed its estimate by 8% to 184 million iPhones from 199 million.
Nomura, which also cut its Apple price target to $530 from $660, lowered its December quarter iPhone sales estimate to 48 million units from 50 million and its March quarter prediction to 39 million from 43 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV