DETROIT, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford Atlas Concept is the future vision for pickup trucks
- Innovative design integrates capability and smart technologies to transform customer expectations of what Built Ford Tough ® will look like in the future
- Next-generation EcoBoost ® – coupled with advanced engineering and design innovations – creates leading fuel efficiency and increased capability
- Trailer towing and cargo hauling are made easier with innovative features designed specifically for truck owners to improve utility and confidence
Ford today unveiled the Ford Atlas Concept to showcase the design, capability, fuel efficiency and smart technologies that will define future pickup trucks.
"The Ford Atlas Concept previews the innovations that will transform what people expect from their pickup," said Raj Nair, Ford group vice president, Global Product Development. "With 36 years as America's best-selling pickup, we are absolutely committed to setting the agenda in the truck market."
Design with purposeThe Ford Atlas Concept is inspired by decades of listening to customers at the places they work and play. The result is a purpose-driven design with prominent wheel arches, a wide stance and chiseled grille – all to reinforce its functional Built Ford Tough ® image."We wanted the concept to reflect how Ford trucks help customers in both their worlds – professionally and personally," said J Mays, Ford group vice president and chief creative officer. "Every surface and feature in the vehicle has been crafted for purpose and capability while retaining an unmistakable Built Ford Tough look." Designers enhanced truck functionality, while creating new advanced features (see infographic here). For example, multiple tie-down points are integrated within the cargo box walls and load floor, along with 110-volt electrical outlets in the cargo box to charge power tools. An integrated roof carrying system and hidden extendable ramps give the truck unique functionality for a variety of jobs. The interior is themed with structural styling cues and features the latest thinking in comfort, utility and refinement. Innovative, thin, lightweight seating in comfortable leather allows for extra legroom for rear passengers – along with integrated storage for smaller items. "Floating" instrument pods and glove-friendly buttons and controls keep the interior functional and ruggedly stylish.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV