JMP Group Inc. (NYSE: JMP), an investment banking and alternative asset management firm, announced today that Gavin Slader has joined JMP Securities as a managing director in its investment banking division. Mr. Slader, who is based in the firm’s San Francisco headquarters, is a mergers and acquisitions specialist focused on the technology sector.
“Gavin is a seasoned M&A banker who enhances JMP’s strategic advisory practice in the technology sector,” said Kent Ledbetter, JMP Securities’ director of investment banking. “Over the past few years, JMP has established itself as a leading underwriter of technology stock offerings, with a notable record of public and private capital markets transactions. Gavin’s arrival provides added advisory expertise to JMP’s corporate clients in a key area of growth for the firm.”
Prior to joining JMP Securities, Mr. Slader was a senior banker in the technology, media and telecommunications investment banking group at UBS Investment Bank, sharing oversight of the west coast technology mergers and acquisitions practice. Mr. Slader previously held investment banking roles at Credit Suisse First Boston and its predecessor, Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette, concentrating on technology mergers and acquisitions throughout. He began his Wall Street career in Deutsche Bank’s leveraged finance group. Mr. Slader holds a B.A. from Claremont McKenna College, graduating with dual degrees in economics and accounting.
About JMP GroupJMP Group Inc. is a full-service investment banking and asset management firm that provides investment banking, sales and trading, and equity research services to corporate and institutional clients as well as alternative asset management products to institutional and high-net-worth investors. JMP Group operates through three subsidiaries: JMP Securities, Harvest Capital Strategies and JMP Credit Advisors. For more information, visit www.jmpg.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV