DALLAS, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Developers can now give their TI microcontroller (MCU) LaunchPad Evaluation Kits an extra boost – and showcase it at one of the largest technology trade shows in the world! Starting today, Texas Instruments Inc. (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN), in collaboration with Mouser Electronics, is inviting engineers, university students and hobbyists in the United States to enter the TI MCU BoosterPack Design Challenge. TI MCU BoosterPacks are plug-in modules that enable developers, students and hobbyists to add greater functionality and peripherals to one of three TI MCU LaunchPad evaluation platforms. Up to three winners will be flown to San Jose, Calf. to demonstrate their winning designs in the TI booth (#1607) at DESIGN West 2013. Winners may also have the opportunity to have their original BoosterPack plug-in module designs considered for manufacture by CircuitCo Electronics. For the avoidance of doubt, TI will not be under any obligation to manufacture any BoosterPack plug-in module designs. For more information on BoosterPack plug-in modules and to see previous examples, designers can go to www.ti.com/bpdc-pr-lp7.
The MCU BoosterPack Design Challenge is an opportunity for innovators to design a creative BoosterPack that exhibits a unique feature or compelling functionality that is not currently offered in the market today. Makers can design a BoosterPack leveraging the differentiated features of any of the three TI MCU LaunchPad evaluation kits: MSP430™ LaunchPad, C2000™ LaunchPad and Stellaris® LM4F120 LaunchPad. The TI MCU LaunchPad ecosystem allows engineers to design easy-to-use, modular boards targeted at low-power, real-time control and connectivity applications. BoosterPack plug-in modules enable greater functionality, flexibility, peripherals and scalability to easily extend LaunchPad's capabilities with LCD, LED lighting, capacitive touch, motor control, Bluetooth® and more.
TI MCU BoosterPack Design Challenge guidelines
Challenge participants will have until March 1, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. CST, to submit an original BoosterPack design online at www.ti.com/bpdc-pr-ep. Several of the requirements include:
- Providing a schematic and a brief, written description of the BoosterPack design.
- Designing a BoosterPack with bill of materials (BOM) not exceeding $40 USD and conforming to the BoosterPack pinout standard.
- Uploading the project to either Google Drive or Github online file sharing systems.
- Recording a video describing the BoosterPack idea and uploading it to YouTube.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV