On January 8, 2013 TigerDirect.com, a subsidiary of Systemax, and Intel hosted the 15 th annual " Build Your Own PC Race for Charity” at the Wynn Resort Las Vegas during the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show. This year Benjamin Heide of BCCHardware.com broke the PC Build record for fastest time, beating out his 28 competitors, assembling his computer in 3 minutes and 53 seconds. On his behalf, TigerDirect is donating $10,000 and the hardware package valued at over $2,500 to Alberta Children's Hospital Charity in Calgary, Alberta.
The 2013 Build Your Own PC Race Event was bigger and better than previous years, attracting a record number of attendees. For the first time in its 15 year history, TigerDirect held two separate PC Builds during the event: The traditional “Charity PC Race” for journalists and the 1st Annual National Consumer PC Race Finals. 10 racers from across the country who placed 1 st and 2 nd at regional competitions were flown in to Las Vegas to compete in the National Finals Round. Contestants for the two races were tasked with assembling PCs in the fastest time.
In addition to the races, guests were treated to a variety of floor acts with jugglers, contortionist and acrobats during the first hour of the event, then two high energy, interactive performances by Recycled Percussion, the avant-garde performance band and finalists on NBC’s America’s Got Talent.
15 th Annual Charity PC Race Winners:First Place: Benjamin Heide of BCCHardware.com: $10,000 donation to Alberta Children's Hospital Charity in Calgary Alberta Second Place: Robert Squires of Fudzilla.com: $2,500 donation to Mendenhall Middle School Third Place: Nathan Edwards of Wirecutter: $1,000 donation to Doctors Without Borders *All the equipment from the racers goes to each participant’s charity of choice
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV