General Motors Co Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (GM)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, GM's share price has jumped by 30.98%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- GM's revenue growth trails the industry average of 14.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 66.07% to $3,383.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 66.07%, GENERAL MOTORS CO is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 121.76%.
- GENERAL MOTORS CO's earnings per share declined by 13.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GENERAL MOTORS CO reported lower earnings of $4.62 versus $8.13 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 30.3% in earnings ($3.22 versus $4.62).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Automobiles industry average. The net income has decreased by 13.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $2,107.00 million to $1,833.00 million.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts