MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ:OMCL), a leading provider of medication and supply management solutions and analytics software for healthcare facilities, today announced that Springhill Medical Center selected Omnicell as its exclusive provider for medication management solutions throughout its 252-bed hospital in Mobile, AL. In addition to transitioning to Omnicell's automated medication solutions, Springhill is also using the industry-leading Pandora® business analytics solutions from Omnicell. Prior to installing Pandora, Springhill was utilizing a much more labor intensive method of managing their healthcare data.
As the leading, family owned medical center in its region, Springhill Medical Center is committed to using state-of-the-art technology. As such, Springhill selected Omnicell's G4 platform for its forward-thinking approach to managing pharmacy and nursing workflow. For example, the Omnicell G4 platform offers improved interoperability with the hospital's electronic health record (EHR) system. In addition, Omnicell's Anywhere RN™ remote medication management system allows nursing staff to remotely access Omnicell cabinets from virtually anywhere in the patient care area, increasing time spent at the bedside and helping to improve patient satisfaction."In order to be Mobile's best health care provider, Springhill recognizes the need to implement the most modern and efficient technologies," said Jeff St. Clair, President and CEO, Springhill Medical Center. "In our competitive review of medication automation systems, we found that Omnicell's advanced technology is unparalleled in the market. Omnicell's interoperability, user-friendly interface and forward-thinking approach to medication management set them apart in our search. We believe the move to Omnicell will provide us with the medication automation tools needed to continue to build our reputation as a leading medical center." Springhill is implementing the following Omnicell solutions:
- OmniRx ® G4 Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets (ADCs), including the integrated Medication Label Printer that allows nurses to print patient-specific labels right from the ADC during medication issue. The ADCs, which are used throughout the nursing floors, also include the Touch & Go ™ G4 biometric ID system, designed with state-of-the-art biometric technology to improve efficiency and security.
- Anywhere RN™ offers nurses a flexible approach to the medication administration process designed to positively impact nursing workflow and patient safety. It is a web-based application designed specifically for nurses that provides real-time remote access to the Omnicell cabinet from virtually any computer or workstation in the patient care area.
- Pandora® Analytics provides insight into clinical operations, helping to identify potential diversion, ensure compliance and monitor nursing processes such as medication administration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV