SEATTLE, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaska Airlines has promoted Constance von Muehlen to managing director of airframe, engine and component maintenance repair and overhaul. In her role within the airline's Maintenance & Engineering Division, von Muehlen will lead maintenance teams, supplier operations associated with products, and Alaska's materials and stores organization.
A veteran who flew Black Hawk helicopters in the U.S. Army, von Muehlen previously served as Alaska Airlines' director of engine maintenance. Before joining the airline in 2011, she spent 20 years in aviation maintenance, including her role as general manager of Pratt and Whitney Canada's service center in Saint-Hubert, Quebec, and as director of airframe maintenance at Air Canada.
"While safety and compliance is our number one mission at Alaska Airlines, continuous improvement and innovation are clearly important, as well," said Greg Mays. "Constance is a proven leader in process management who fully understands the importance of quality, safety and innovation in our airline's future growth. She brings incredible energy and expertise to our team."
In addition to serving in the U.S. Army, von Muehlen is a graduate of Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Md.Alaska Airlines, a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK), together with its partner regional airlines, serves 95 cities through an expansive network in Alaska, the Lower 48, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Alaska Airlines has ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Traditional Network Carriers" in the J.D. Power and Associates North America Airline Satisfaction Study SM for five consecutive years from 2008 to 2012. For reservations, visit www.alaskaair.com. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines newsroom at www.alaskaair.com/newsroom. SOURCE Alaska Airlines
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV