CRYSTAL CITY, Va., Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) is observing a significant program milestone, its 40th year as the U.S. Navy's provider of AN/SPY-1 radar transmitters and MK99 Fire Control Systems for the Navy's AEGIS weapon system.
Both critical components of the weapon system, the AN/SPY-1 radar and MK99 perform the search, track and missile guidance functions for AEGIS, the shield of the U.S. Navy Fleet. The company's first engineering development contract for AN/SPY-1 was awarded in 1973.
"For four decades, Raytheon has partnered with the Navy on the AEGIS program, providing the reliable performance and world-class manufacturing expertise that help protect the U.S. and its allies," said Kevin Peppe, vice president of Seapower Capability Systems for Raytheon's Integrated Defense Systems business. "As the world's leader in maritime integrated air and missile defense radars, Raytheon looks forward to continuing to support this program, advancing the legacy of AEGIS and providing our customer with the highest capability, best value solution."
Raytheon's AN/SPY-1 radar transmitter and MK99 Fire Control System have been in continuous production for 32 years as part of the Navy's AEGIS shipbuilding program, sustaining this critical system. Raytheon also provides performance-based logistics support, including spares and repairs, for AEGIS weapons systems, and the company manages system repairs in support of foreign military sales. Most recently, Raytheon has begun development efforts to introduce the latest in solid-state technologies to further improve component performance, reliability and extended service life of these systems.Facts About Raytheon's AN/SPY-1 and MK99
- First engineering development contract awarded in 1973.
- First production contract awarded in 1981.
- 108 ships equipped (17 international).
- 140 AN/SPY-1 systems delivered.
- 348 MK99 systems delivered.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV