Univision Network's popular daily morning show "Despierta America" ("Wake-Up America") will also support the Red Lobster campaign with brand spotlights where viewers will be invited to tune into "La Pregunta Fresca del Dia" on "El Gordo y La Flaca." Custom-created vignettes will also promote Red Lobster messaging and drive tune-in to "La Pregunta Fresca del Dia."
New Dining Experience
Highlighted in the ad is the new Red Lobster menu—now available nationwide in Spanish—that offers more items with price points below $15. It also offers an expanded selection of great-tasting, non-seafood dishes to satisfy guests who prefer something other than seafood. Menu items include:
- Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp: With a peach-bourbon BBQ glaze and pico de gallo, served over mashed potatoes and choice of accompaniment.
- Wood-Grilled Chicken with Portobello Wine Sauce: Served with mashed potatoes and choice of accompaniment.
- Tilapia with Roasted Vegetables: Seasoned and roasted in a parchment bag with white wine, asparagus, artichokes and wild rice pilaf.
Additionally, Red Lobster's new menu offers more choice and variety, including lighter-style options and more fish and shrimp entrees. Some examples include:Lighter-style options such as:
- Bar Harbor Salad with Shrimp: With dried berries and honey-roasted pecans with a blueberry-balsamic vinaigrette and crumbled blue cheese served upon request (260 calories, 9 fat (g) with no dressing or blue cheese).
- Tropical BBQ-Glazed Chicken: Wood-grilled and brushed with papaya-BBQ sauce and topped with fresh pineapple salsa. Served with wild rice and choice of an accompaniment (390 calories, 6 fat (g)).
- Island Grilled Mahi Mahi and Shrimp: Wood-grilled, wild-caught mahi-mahi and a shrimp skewer brushed with a papaya-BBQ sauce and topped with fresh pineapple salsa. Served with broccoli and choice of accompaniment.
- Chesapeake Shrimp with Crab: A Chesapeake-grilled shrimp skewer topped with crab butter and five crab-and-seafood-stuffed shrimp with lobster beurre blanc, served with wild rice pilaf and choice of accompaniment.
- ASPIRA: Donated funds to support the rollout of the Youth Leadership Development drop-out prevention program for ASPIRA Clubs and schools.
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI): Supported the CHCI Summer Internship Program and CHCI's Hispanic Heritage Month Awards program.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund: Provided 2012 grant from the Darden Restaurants Foundation in support of $2,500 scholarships and academic support services for 40 students.
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC): Sponsored the Washington Youth Leadership Seminar and Youth Leadership Development Program.
- National Council of La Raza (NCLR): Supported the What If? College Readiness Program.