JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Jan. 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Body Central Corp. (Nasdaq:BODY) today announced sales results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 29, 2012 and lowered guidance for fourth quarter 2012 results.
- Net revenues for the quarter increased 0.4% to $81.0 million, compared to $80.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Store sales increased 1.2% to $73.8 million. Comparable store sales decreased 11.6%.
- Based on sales results in the fourth quarter, the Company now expects fourth quarter diluted EPS to be in the range of $0.10 to $0.12 per share.
- The Company opened 13 stores in the quarter and operated 276 stores as of December 29, 2012.
- Net revenues increased 4.9% to $311.0 million from $296.5 million for the same period a year ago.
- Store sales rose 5.1% to $275.1 million driven primarily by a 15% increase in store count offset by a comparable store sales decrease of 8.1%.
- The Company now expects full year diluted EPS to be in the range of $0.68 to $0.70 per share. Also included in the full year EPS estimate is the $600,000 pre-tax charge (or $0.02 per share) taken in the third quarter related to severance expense for the former CEO.