JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Jan. 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Body Central Corp. (Nasdaq:BODY) today announced sales results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 29, 2012 and lowered guidance for fourth quarter 2012 results.
Sales results for the fourth quarter ended December 29, 2012:
- Net revenues for the quarter increased 0.4% to $81.0 million, compared to $80.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Store sales increased 1.2% to $73.8 million. Comparable store sales decreased 11.6%.
- Based on sales results in the fourth quarter, the Company now expects fourth quarter diluted EPS to be in the range of $0.10 to $0.12 per share.
- The Company opened 13 stores in the quarter and operated 276 stores as of December 29, 2012.
Sales results for the fifty-two weeks ended December 29, 2012:
- Net revenues increased 4.9% to $311.0 million from $296.5 million for the same period a year ago.
- Store sales rose 5.1% to $275.1 million driven primarily by a 15% increase in store count offset by a comparable store sales decrease of 8.1%.
- The Company now expects full year diluted EPS to be in the range of $0.68 to $0.70 per share. Also included in the full year EPS estimate is the $600,000 pre-tax charge (or $0.02 per share) taken in the third quarter related to severance expense for the former CEO.