GE Oil & Gas (NYSE: GE) has won a contract worth more than US$500 million to supply turbomachinery equipment and services to Petrobras, a world leader in deep-water oil production. The contract will serve the four new floating production, storage and offloading units (FPSOs P-74, P-75, P-76 and P-77) in the Cessão Onerosa region of the Santos Basin pre-salt fields, in the state of São Paulo.
“Our focus is to seek partnerships like this, where GE can offer its expertise to support the economic development of Brazil,” said Reinaldo Garcia, president and CEO of GE Latin America. “The country continues to assume an increasingly strategic position to the company's business globally, and Petrobras is one of the most important partners we have.”
The main benefits of GE’s proposal include an aggressive delivery cycle, high equipment reliability and efficiency, improved performance, emissions control and extended equipment life. In the pre-salt fields, GE’s technology will face some of the most challenging conditions.
“This contract with Petrobras demonstrates GE’s technological offshore leadership and our capacity to face our clients’ most difficult challenges,” says João Geraldo Ferreira, president and CEO of GE Oil & Gas for Latin America. “This win was the result of the collaboration between the different product and business lines at GE, demonstrating the strength of the company’s integration.”GE Oil & Gas will supply the main turbomachinery equipment to the four new FPSOs. The technology will generate primary energy for the FPSOs using gas turbines and advanced generators, moving gas through pipelines using compressors and re-injecting CO 2 and natural gas back to the well to enhance the recovery of the oil. The scope of supply, which also takes in technology from other GE businesses, such as Power Conversion and Power & Water, includes:
- 16 powergen turbogenerators composed of PGT25+ gas turbines and electric generators.
- Eight turbocompression trains driven by LM2500+ gas turbines.
- 32 electric motor driven compressors for gas main, export services and CO 2 re-injection.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV