QlikTech, (NASDAQ: QLIK) a leader in Business Discovery – user-driven Business Intelligence (BI), today announced it ranked second in the enterprise vendor category in the “Business Intelligence: Influencing Change?” 1 and “2012 Best in KLAS Awards: Software & Services” 2 reports by KLAS, a research firm specializing in monitoring and reporting healthcare vendor performance. QlikView’s overall ranking and score in the Enterprise Business Intelligence category is based on direct feedback from healthcare providers who have used QlikView across their enterprise and measures software performance in areas such as product quality, implementation, and support.
Today, public and private healthcare providers struggle with operational visibility into information spread across their numerous clinical, financial, and resource planning systems. This inability to efficiently access, aggregate, and explore data contributes to mounting financial strains, patient wait times, resource constraints, and vulnerability to medical errors. In addition, the public demands transparency and accountability and CMS is incenting for showing Meaningful Use, which is driving the healthcare industry to shift to Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM) and health outcomes reporting, Pay for Performance (P4P) and Value Based Purchasing/Reimbursement, Diagnosis-Related Groups (DRG), and Consumer-Directed Health Plans (CDHP). As such, capabilities are needed to quickly integrate and analyze BI data across healthcare and hospital systems.
With the QlikView Business Discovery platform, healthcare providers can:
- Improve patient care with shorter wait times from synchronizing resource scheduling with patient flow models;
- Improve patient safety from immediate access to consolidated diagnostic information, reducing opportunities for medical errors;
- Reduce healthcare operational costs from analyses of resource utilization, materials stocking levels, purchasing options, and supplier performance;
- Optimize revenue cycle management from reducing the time and cost to collect reimbursements; and
- Ensure trusted and timely regulatory compliance, show meaningful use, and drive towards becoming an accountable care organization by delivering on key operational, patient safety, demographic, and quality of care metrics.
Through QlikView’s powerful, accessible Business Discovery solution, global healthcare providers such as Centerstone Research Institute (CRI), Children’s Hospital of Atlanta (CHOA), NHS, Allina, and ThedaCare now have an integrated view of information, providing actionable insights from billions of records in seconds – improving healthcare delivery and helping to forge the path to accountable care.