Facebook insiders collectively decided not to sell shares. The absence of additional shares is helping Facebook trade above $30. In addition, a powerful user-base in the mobile channels is supporting future growth. Facebook must generate revenue and profit margins in the mobile space to sustain its rally.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer’s Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he’s trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
3. Electronic Arts Inc. ( EA): Develops, markets, publishes, and distributes game software and content for video game consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, tablets and electronic readers, hand held game players, and the Internet. Market cap at $4.35B, most recent closing price at $14.24.
Short-volume declined by December 31, but is still at 23.7 million shares. Shares were over $15, but traded recently at $14.24 after GameStop (GME) said holiday sales declined by 4.6% in the United States. Globally, sales declined 6.4%.Only Nintendo’s Wii U is giving hope that consumer interest in console games will improve. Investors should also recognize digital sales will only increase as a total of revenue. This would justify upside in the next few quarters. 4. NVIDIA Corporation ( NVDA): Provides visual computing, high performance computing, and mobile computing solutions that generate interactive graphics on various devices ranging from tablets and smart phones to notebooks and workstations. Market cap at $7.63B, most recent closing price at $12.21. Short-selling volume was around 20 million shares. The stock sold-off sharply from above $13 after the company announced its console-gaming initiative through “Project Shield” at CES. Fundamentally, Tegra chips will play an increasingly important role in mobile gaming. Despite its absence in Apple, Android sales will only increase. NVIDIA is well-positioned for sales in the mobile space. 5. Microchip Technology Inc. ( MCHP): Develops and manufactures semiconductor products for various embedded control applications worldwide. Market cap at $6.54B, most recent closing price at $33.59. Bearishness increased to 19.4 million shares in the last two weeks of December 2012. Shares appear to have bottomed at $29, closing recently at $33.59. MHCP has a new MGC3130 chip. The chip can recognize hand gestures in 3 dimensions, and has a range of 6-inches. By using electrical fields, the chip can track gestures while using 90% less power.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV