Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) announced today that it has selected new service partners for Target Mobile. Brightstar, the world’s largest specialized wireless distributor and leading provider of diversified services to the wireless industry and MarketSource, a leading provider of integrated sales and marketing services company will support Target Mobile beginning in April 2013.
Target Mobile, in-store wireless shopping stations, are available in 1,500 stores and enable guests to purchase mobile phones and activate contracts from the nation’s top carriers. Beginning in April 2013, Brightstar will be Target Mobile’s new supply chain and point-of-activation technology provider, and MarketSource will be the in-store sales services partner.
“Collaborating with Brightstar and MarketSource will further enhance Target’s position in the wireless retail marketplace,” said John Butcher, vice president, Electronics at Target. “These partnerships move the business forward and ensure our guests will receive the latest products and services coupled with Target’s exceptional value and best-in-class shopping experience.”
Brightstar and MarketSource will assume responsibilities previously managed by RadioShack. Target Mobile will undergo a transition period between now and April 8, 2013 to ensure there is little to no disruption in the guest experience.About Target Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) serves guests at 1,782 stores across the United States and at Target.com. The company plans to open its first stores in Canada in 2013. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit Target.com/hereforgood. For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV