SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diamond Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq:DMND) today announced the results of voting at its annual meeting of stockholders, which was held today. At the meeting, stockholders approved all the proposals recommended by the Company's Board of Directors in its proxy statement dated December 10, 2012, including:
- The election of Alison Davis, Brian J. Driscoll and Nigel A. Rees as Class I directors to serve on the Company's Board of Directors until the 2015 annual meeting, and Robert M. Lea, Matthew C. Wilson and William L. Tos, Jr. to serve as Class II directors until the 2016 annual meeting;
- The ratification of the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ended July 31, 2012;
- Approving, on an advisory basis, the compensation paid to Company-named executive officers, known as the "Say-on-Pay" vote; and
- Selecting, on an advisory basis, annual frequency for future Say-on-Pay votes.
Diamond also confirmed that with the expiration of the terms of Directors Laurence M. Baer and Glen C. Warren, Jr., the size of its Board has now been reduced to nine members. Robert Zollars continues to serve as Diamond's Chairman of the Board, and, beginning today, the membership of the committees of the Board of Directors will be as follows:
- Audit Committee - Nigel Rees (Chair), Alison Davis and Dean Hollis
- Compensation Committee - Alison Davis (Chair), Ed Blechschmidt and Robert Zollars
- Nominating and Governance Committee - Ed Blechschmidt (Chair), Robert Zollars and Dean Hollis
"I would like to thank Larry Baer and Glen Warren for their service to the Company as long-time Directors on our Board and express our appreciation for their leadership and expertise during their years of service," said Robert J. Zollars, Diamond's Chairman of the Board.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV