VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP, Mich., Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC) today announced that the company's board of directors has reauthorized the company's current $100 million share repurchase program and increased the repurchase amount to include an additional $200 million worth of its common shares over the next two years.
This action creates a total of $250 million available with which to repurchase shares, as the company has already repurchased $50 million worth of its common shares since the initial share repurchase program was authorized in August 2012. This creates a total share repurchase program of $300 million.
"The actions we took during the fourth quarter of 2012 to repurchase stock, redeem $50 million of the company's bonds and reduce our pension benefit obligation represent our commitment to value-creating uses of cash," said Tim Leuliette, president and CEO of Visteon. "Going forward, we expect that our increased share repurchase program, restructuring and operational improvements, and other value-enhancing actions will join to further improve total return to shareholders."Shares would be repurchased from time to time in open market transactions or in privately negotiated transactions depending on market and economic conditions, share price, trading volume, alternative uses of capital and other factors. Such purchases will be made in accordance with applicable U.S. securities laws and regulations. The company expects to complete the total repurchase program by January 1, 2015. Forward-looking Information This press release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future results and conditions but rather are subject to various factors, risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those expressed in these forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to: (1) our ability to satisfy future capital and liquidity requirements; including our ability to access the credit and capital markets at the times and in the amounts needed and on terms acceptable to us; our ability to comply with financial and other covenants in our credit agreements; and the continuation of acceptable supplier payment terms; (2) our ability to satisfy pension and other post-employment benefit obligations; (3) our ability to access funds generated by foreign subsidiaries and joint ventures on a timely and cost-effective basis; (4) conditions within the automotive industry, including (i) the automotive vehicle production volumes and schedules of our customers, (ii) the financial condition of our customers or suppliers and the effects of any restructuring or reorganization plans that may be undertaken by our customers or suppliers or work stoppages at our customers or suppliers, and (iii) possible disruptions in the supply of commodities to us or our customers due to financial distress, work stoppages, natural disasters or civil unrest; (5) new business wins and re-wins do not represent firm orders or firm commitments from customers, but are based on various assumptions, including the timing and duration of product launches, vehicle production levels, customer price reductions and currency exchange rates; (6) general economic conditions, including changes in interest rates, currency exchange rates and fuel prices; the timing and expenses related to internal restructurings, employee reductions, acquisitions or dispositions and the effect of pension and other post-employment benefit obligations; (7) increases in raw material and energy costs and our ability to offset or recover these costs, increases in our warranty, product liability and recall costs or the outcome of legal or regulatory proceedings to which we are or may become a party; and (8) those factors identified in our filings with the SEC (including our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2011). About Visteon Visteon is a leading global automotive supplier delivering value for vehicle manufacturers and shareholders through a family of businesses including:
- Halla Visteon Climate Control, majority-owned by Visteon and the world's second largest global supplier of automotive climate components and systems (consolidation to be completed in first quarter 2013).
- Visteon Electronics, a leading supplier of audio/infotainment, driver information, center stack electronics and feature control modules.
- Visteon Interiors, a global provider of vehicle cockpit modules, instrument panels, consoles and door trim modules.
- Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd., a successful China-based partnership between Visteon and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation's automotive components group, Huayu Automotive Systems.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV