SUWANEE, Ga., Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ARRIS Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARRS), a global innovator in broadband media technology, announced today that it has entered into an agreement to sell approximately 10.6 million shares of its common stock, valued at $150.0 million, to Comcast Corporation. The sale of the shares to Comcast will be made in connection with the previously announced ARRIS acquisition of the Motorola Home business from Motorola Mobility, a subsidiary of Google Inc. As provided for in the Motorola Home business acquisition agreement, the shares issued to Comcast will reduce, on a share-for-share basis, the number of shares of ARRIS stock to be issued to Google and simultaneously increase the cash consideration to be received by Google by $150.0 million. As a result of the sale to Comcast, Comcast and Google will each own approximately 7.85% of the outstanding ARRIS shares post-closing based on ARRIS' current capitalization. Neither the total amount of consideration paid by ARRIS for Motorola Home, nor the total amount of shares to be issued by ARRIS (now to Google and Comcast) will change as a result of this investment by Comcast.
"We are very pleased that Comcast has agreed to make this significant investment in ARRIS," said Bob Stanzione, Chairman and CEO of ARRIS. "We believe this investment by one of our largest customers is a strong indication of customer support for the Motorola Home acquisition and its potential to accelerate innovation to the benefit of the industry and consumers."
The issuance of the shares to Comcast is conditioned on the closing of the Motorola Home acquisition and other customary conditions and is expected to close at the same time as the closing of the Motorola Home acquisition.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV