Chimera Investment Corporation (NYSE: CIM) announced today that it has received an additional 30-day extension for continued listing and trading of the Company’s stock on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
The extension granted by the NYSE, which is subject to review by the NYSE on an ongoing basis, provides the Company until February 15, 2013 to file its 2011 Annual Report on Form 10-K with the Securities and Exchange Commission. During the extension period, trading of the Company’s shares on the NYSE will remain unaffected. In September 2012, the Company had previously obtained a four-month listing extension until January 15, 2013.
The Company previously announced that it would delay the filing of its Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011 (“2011 10-K”), and its Form 10-Q for the quarters ended March 31, June 30, and September 30, 2012. On August 7, 2012, the Company announced that the Company’s consolidated financial statements included in its previously filed Annual Reports on Form 10-K for the years ended December 31, 2010, 2009 and 2008, and its Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q beginning with the quarter ended September 30, 2008, and for all subsequent quarters through the quarter ended September 30, 2011, need to be restated and can no longer be relied upon.
The restatement is not expected to affect the Company’s previously reported GAAP or economic book values, actual cash flows, dividends and taxable income for any previous period. The Company expects to file its 2011 10-K by February 15, 2013, and expects to file its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarterly period ending March 31, 2012 within 60 days of filing the 2011 10-K. Any subsequent unfiled Quarterly Reports will be filed as soon as practicable. The Company continues to work diligently to complete the ongoing work on the restatement and on becoming current on all of its filings required under applicable securities laws.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV