4 Stocks Rising on Big Volume
Sears Holdings (SHLD) is an integrated retailer with over 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the U.S. and Canada. This stock is trading up 7.6% at $44.09 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.67 millionAverage Volume: 1.24 million Volume % Change: 104% From a technical perspective, SHLD is ripping higher here right above some near-term support at $40 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing SHLD within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit if SHLD takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $43.78 to $45.43 with high volume. At last check, SHLD has hit an intraday high of $44.38 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 1.24 million shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in SHLD as long as it's trending above $43.78, and then once it sustains a move or close above $45.43 volume that hits near or above 1.24 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then SHLD will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at its 50-day of $47.35 to its 200-day at $49.92.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV